Notes from the Team: 7 Steps to Better Cybersecurity
In a world of increasing attacks on companies, both big and small, there are steps you can take to protect your business and be less exposed to cyber threats:
- Secure your network and wifi – use a next generation firewall and secure your wifi.
- Backup – often and to multiple locations, including offsite.
- Educate yourself and your employees – threats change often and so do their methods.
- Use good passwords and change them regularly.
- Keep your devices patched and updated – install those patches and updates regularly across all your devices.
- Use multi-layer security practices and software – don’t rely on one security vendor/software to protect your data. Create multiple fences around your data.
- Use principle of least privilege – only give people access to what they need to do their job.If you’re not doing these things, then you’re putting your business (and your customers’ businesses) at risk.
The Akamai Culture, Part III: Commitment
Commitment is a crucial building block in the relationship with our clients. IT investments need to drive growth for our clients’ businesses, and that commitment runs through everything we do:
- Committed to the success of our clients.
- Committed to deliver the right solutions.
- Committed to always provide responsive, friendly service.
- Committed to our clients budget considerations.
- Committed to being experts – knowledgeable.
Events: IT Security Presentation
Thank you to the Business Owners’ group at Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce for giving us the opportunity to present and talk about IT security and how to protect yourself and your business. We continue our quest to keep businesses’ IT systems safe from attacks…
Happy Fall from the Whole Akamai Team!