Top 6 Cybersecurity Facts for 2020
Hackers are working 24/7 to find vulnerabilities in your systems. The average breach is not only extremely costly, it can mean the end of your business. Protecting your data is one of the most important aspects of your operations, as well as being aware of the facts:
- An average of 5% of company folders are adequately protected.
- Within 6 months of 2019 alone, 4.1 billion records were breached. This number was a 52% increase from 2018, and it’s expected that cases will increase in 2020.
- A hacking attempt is registered every 39 seconds.
- A projected 200 billion interconnected devices will be present in 2020.
- Over 80% of companies will transition to the cloud by 2020.
- 43% of all cyber-attacks are directed towards small businesses.
Why You Need a Security Risk Assessment
Security risk assessments help an organization strengthen its security. They are an important part of your IT strategy because they help your organization identify security vulnerabilities, create new security requirements, spend cybersecurity budgets more intelligently, conduct due diligence and improve communication and decision-making.
Questions? Contact us!
Happy 5th Anniversary, Shawn!
Shawn has been an indispensable part of the Akamai team for the past five years, and we look forward to many more work anniversaries with him! He’s respected as a team player, teacher and self-learner. His calm demeanor and uncanny ability to figure out complex issues are admired by clients and teammates alike, and everyone appreciates his dedication and passion for his work.
Family Memories from Peru
From the mountains and incredible Inka ruins of Machu Picchu, to the ocean and lovely city of Lima, and many amazing places in-between, we truly loved exploring Peru and especially spending time together with family!