Akamai Systems Consulting (akamai (ah-kah-MY). Smart, intelligent) is a Colorado based consulting firm specializing in the delivery of computer, network and systems consulting services to small businesses. By applying a forward looking approach to their work, Akamai is able to help business systems run efficiently today, and plan for future growth – creating a true partnership with clients.
IT Support Specialist
As a key member of our small and mighty team you thrive in an environment where you are helping our clients make the most of their technology investment. You are energized by tackling the unknown and your ability to sniff out the root cause of an issue is remarkable. You understand that your technical skill is important but that’s only part of the equation. After the equipment is working you enjoy making sure the people are happy and productive as well.
How you’ll spend your day:
- Working alongside your clients in the Denver Metro area to identify, assess, maintain and repair the technology that makes their work happen
- As the technology expert, you’ll support desktops, mobile devices, servers and network infrastructure. Since computers don’t always break between 9 and 5 – you’ll probably get to handle some after-hours work as well.
- Resolving of system and/or network issues in accordance with company best practices and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
- Identifying ways to improve our clients’ systems and infrastructure – creative thinking with an eye on business value.
- Keeping your eyes open for opportunities to expand our business – in the line at Wahoo’s or at your kids’ soccer game on the weekend. You believe in our work and like talking to people about it!
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Associate Degree in computer related field or a combination of education/experience
- 3+ years of computer and networking support experience
- A passion for delighting users – the ability to walk with them through a problem efficiently and professionally, systematically resolving the issue
- Previous experience as a consultant for small and medium-sized businesses highly desirable
- Industry certifications that you are proud of – MCSE, A+, Network+, Cisco are all helpful
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, Server 2010 through 2012 R2, Microsoft Office 2010-2016, Exchange 2010 – 2013 and Office365 Administration
- Proficient working knowledge of networking protocols and commonly used technologies
- Unbelievable troubleshooting skills and patience
- Incredible interpersonal communication skills while working with clients and vendors/tech support
- Wonderfully organized in your office and in your mind
- Fiscally responsible with strong time management discipline – you treat every client dollar as if it were your own.
- An eagerness to make your customers happy and support your team
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clean driving record
What you’ll enjoy as an Akamai professional:
- A competitive salary
- Bonuses based on happy clients, efficient delivery and billable hours
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Car Allowance, state of the art technology, training reimbursement
- All tools, a laptop computer, a desktop PC, a VOIP phone, and a cell phone
- Career Development, professional growth and the satisfaction of seeing our company become THE premier provider of small business IT in Colorado
Goldstone Partners is helping this small and successful team of professionals find a talented engineer who wants to join our high performing team! Please send your resume to us directly at email@example.com. Principals only please. Unfortunately we are unable to support relocation or sponsorship at this time.Apply to this Job